Water Cart Filling Station Upgrade
Client - BHP Billiton Iron Ore
Location - Mt Whaleback Mine, Newman, WA
Duration - 4 months
Completion - June 2014
Value - $2.8M
Concrete - 137m3
Earthworks - 2,547m3
Personnel on Site - 20
Manhours - 13,200
Centrals have been engaged to undertake the upgrade of four existing Water Cart Filling Stations for BHP Billiton Iron Ore’s Mount Whaleback Mine Site.
The scope of works includes supply, construction, testing and commissioning of HV dust suppression tanker standpipes in four locations at BHP Billiton Iron Ore Mount Whaleback Mine Site along with 1.4km of piping and 2 823kl storage tanks.
In executing the scope of works, the following will be performed by Centrals:
- Earthworks and concrete foundations for two new water tanks.
- Earthworks and concrete foundations for four dust suppression tanker standpipes at site locations.
- Installation of 2 823 kL new water tanks.
- Fabrication, supply, construction and installation for suction piping assemblies at 2 turkey’s nest site dams.
- Fabrication, supply and installation of four dust suppression tanker standpipes at site locations.
- Fabrication, supply and installation of all piping (HDPE and steel) and valves between the supply points and standpipes at four site locations, over 1.4km total.
- Transfer of existing electrical equipment and supplies from the four existing equipment to the four new installations.
- Fabrication, supply and installation of solar panels, batteries and battery enclosures for the four new installations.
- Testing, commissioning and handover of all newly installed equipment.
- Decommissioning and removal of existing standpipes and piping.